- Unprompted brand awareness: How much of your target audience can recall your brand? Unprompted brand awareness measures the number of people who express knowledge of a brand or product without prompting (Brand Recall or “Share of Mind”).
- Prompted brand awareness: How much of your target audience recognise your brand? Prompted brand awareness is a measure of the number of people who express knowledge of a brand or product when prompted (Brand Recognition).
- Brand attitudes and perceptions: What does your target audience think of your brand and what attributes/values do they associate with it most? A consumer’s attitude and perception of a brand will develop over time as they are exposed to communications, hear of other’s experiences and interact with the brand.
- Consideration and purchase intent: How much of your target audience would consider buying your brand? The likelihood of consumers to buy one of your products or even switch to a competitor is important to understand in a context that is relevant to the brand/purchase decision.
- Product usage vs. category usage: Does your target audience purchase in your category in a specific time period, have they ever purchased a product from your brand, how recently do they purchase them? This will help you understand the “share of wallet”.
- NPS: How much of your target audience would recommend your brand to a friend or colleague? Net Promoter Score is a key metric to understand general brand happiness. Word of mouth is the best money never spent on marketing, however, it is not always valuable when brand awareness is quite low.
- Spontaneous and prompted campaign awareness: How much of your target audience can recall/recognise a recent campaign? As with brand recall and brand recognition, understanding the impact of a key campaign is a great way to measure effectiveness and feed into understanding ROI.
- Competitor activity awareness: How has recent competitor activity impacted your brand or category? With fast turnaround times, you can react quickly to competitor activity and current events to measure immediate impact with your target audience.
Brand tracker FAQs
Brand tracking gives you the evidence needed to better understand impacts of brand building. It puts data behind how many potential customers know your brand, whether you’re top of mind and how you rank among your competitors.
Brand trackers help you measure brand awareness, brand perception and purchase intent. Find out how many of your target audience are existing customers and if not, why not. Understanding consumer perception of your brand is the key to validating your ideal customer and aligning your messaging.
It’s often hard to work out what’s working and what’s not when it comes to brand marketing. Brand tracking surveys can throw light on this unknown with consumer insight.
Start measuring important brand health metrics
Our research experts have created free survey templates to get you started. To use our brand tracking template, all you need to do is sign up for an account.Sign up for free