First and foremost, you should only ever use the Attest Services in a way that is permitted by and compliant with applicable law. You should never use the Attest Services to solicit, engage, encourage or promote unlawful, irresponsible or abusive behaviour.
In particular, when using the Attest Services, you should never:
- use defamatory language intended to damage the reputation of another;
- be obscene, hateful or inflammatory;
- bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate others;
- use language that may be deemed inappropriate or offensive without providing fair warning to the recipient;
- distribute unethical material, including anything to promote sexually explicit material or that includes child sexual abuse material;
- promote, incite, or organise violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or your organisation’s identity or your or your organisation’s affiliation with any person;
- share the login and/or password that’s been issued to you with any other person;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act; and/or
- send any spam – by that, we mean any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of unsolicited material.
If you’re a Survey Creator, you cannot use the Attest Services to:
- solicit responses from anyone under the age of 13;
- solicit responses from anyone under the age of 18 where you are not permitted to do so by applicable laws and/or regulations within the jurisdiction you are surveying;
- request or collect personally identifiable information from Survey Respondents (no names, email addresses, sensitive financial information, etc.);
- place, or attempt to place, cookies or similar electronic files or identifiers on a Survey Respondents device;
- attempt to solicit Survey Respondents to take fraudulent or otherwise illegal surveys; and/or
- re-identify Survey Respondents or contact Survey Respondents outside of your surveys.
You should always have the appropriate permissions and rights to use any third party images or content, including copyrights, trademarks, or any other intellectual property, in your survey.
If you’re a Survey Respondent, you should:
- always take the time to consider and respond to questions in full;
- avoid repetition in your answers; and
- refrain from using vulgar, nonsensical or random language in your responses.
During the surveys you will be given the option to skip questions, for example, if you feel uncomfortable answering what has been asked. You should not use this function to avoid submitting responses or answering a survey fully purely as a means to respond quickly.
In order to protect yourself, other service users and Attest, we need to keep the Attest Services secure. For this reason, you will not, and will not permit or authorise any third parties to:
- copy or attempt to copy, any confidential information or data contained in the Attest Services, including any source code, or to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site or services;
- make any attempt to create or permit others to create, by reverse compiling or disassembling or otherwise, any part of the Attest Services;
- commit or attempt to commit any action that will have a negative impact on the availability of any part of the Attest Services;
- knowingly withhold information which may affect Attest’s ability to provide the Attest Service to you or others, or the security or integrity of the Attest Service;
- do anything to allow unauthorised access or use of the Attest Services and any of our software or systems;
- unless authorised by Attest in writing, probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Attest system or network; and/or
- knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of the Attest Services or incite another to do so.
If we find you to be in breach of this AUP, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to any of the Attest Services, or remove any offending content from the Attest Platform immediately and without notice. Where such breach is as a result of a failure to comply with applicable law, we may disclose such information to law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies as we deem necessary.