The Attest Brand Index is a platform agnostic measure of a brand’s total brand equity in the alcohol sector, as determined by real consumers.
What do we mean by ‘platform agnostic’? We mean the results are not influenced by any particular method of obtaining them, such as looking only at social media mentions, or brand search terms. This reduces bias and provides a much more accurate view of a brand’s strength in any given category.
To determine the Alcohol Brand Index, we look at three things:
- Percentage of unprompted brand recall within a named category e.g. ‘Technology’ ‘Fashion’ or ‘Entertainment’
- How likely a person is to purchase your particular brand (purchase intent)
- How likely a person is to recommend your brand (net promoter score)
Our data is gathered every quarter from an online survey sent to a nationally representative panel of 1,000 UK consumers aged 18-65. To download our previous (Q4 2017) Alcohol Brand Index click here.
Top 21 Alcohol Brand Leaders by Total Brand Equity (Q1 2018)
- Jack Daniel's
- Stella Artois
- Captain Morgan
- Grey Goose
156 different brands were named, compared to 192 brands named in Q4 of 2017.
A brand had to have 1% of unprompted brand recall to be in the Top 21 brands, and 2.1% to be in the Top 10.
In the Top 21 brands mapped in the Alcohol Brand Index, the average brand strength score is 90.69. Disaronno had the strongest at 170, while Heineken had the weakest at -22.73.
Looking at the Top 21 brands, the average Total Brand Equity score is 230.95, with Smirnoff leading the way for a second quarter running, with a score of 980.00; Carlsberg and Heineken were once again the lowest scorers in this category, mirroring their position in our last Alcohol Brand Index.
The overall Alcohol Industry Net Promoter Score is a 35.3, slightly up from the last quarter where it was 32.1.
Here is how people described the alcohol brands that came top of mind during unprompted brand recall:
The Full Report
The report includes:
- The UK's leading Alcohol brands for Awareness, Purchase Intent and Net Promoter Score
- Overall Brand Strength and Total Brand Equity index
- Industry averages and market dynamics
- Key takeaways for the UK Alcohol Industry
This report is based on a nationally representative survey of 1000 people in the UK (aged 18+), surveyed between 1st March 2018 - 6th March 2018.