Please note: This is not the most recent Brand Index. If you’re right where you want to be, read on. If you’re looking for the latest data, click here for our most recent Brand Indexes.
The Attest Brand Index is a platform agnostic measure of a brand’s total brand equity in the snacks sector, as determined by real consumers.
What do we mean by ‘platform agnostic’? We mean the results are not influenced by any particular method of obtaining them, such as looking only at social media mentions, or brand search terms. This reduces bias and provides a much more accurate view of a brand’s strength in any given category.
To determine the Snacks Brand Index, we look at three things.
- Percentage of unprompted brand recall within a named category e.g. ‘Technology’ ‘Fashion’ or ‘Entertainment’
- How likely a person is to purchase your particular brand (purchase intent)
- How likely a person is to recommend your brand (net promoter score)
Our data is gathered every quarter from an online survey sent to a nationally representative panel of 1,000 UK consumers aged 18-65.
There are two newcomers to our top 10 brands in Q3: Kettle Chips and Snack a Jacks. They take the place of McCoy’s and KitKat.
The top five brands remain stable in their positioning, although individual metrics have shifted.
Each of the top 5 brand experienced a dip in Net Promoter Score (NPS), and most a dip in Purchase Intent to match. The only exception was Cadbury’s who continue to dominate Purchase Intent, matching their Q2 score, with 87.7% of consumers either ‘likely’ or ‘very likely’ to buy from them.
Here is how people described the snacks brands that came top of mind during unprompted brand recall:
The 2018 Snacks Industry Brands Report
The full 2018 report includes:
- The UK’s leading Snacks brands for Awareness, Purchase Intent and Net Promoter Score from the start of the year, so you can compare where shifts have occurred over time
- Industry-wide averages and market dynamics
- Key takeaways for the UK Snacks industry