We're always very careful with your customer data:
Anonymous: Your participation is entirely anonymous. While you use your email address to log-in, your name and identity is never linked to your responses. We take respondent anonymity very seriously, and undertake every effort to maintain anonymity for everyone involved.
Secure: We're registered with several regulatory bodies, use SSL encryption, and run on secure servers, to make sure all data is treated securely.
Private: We want you to feel entirely confident and comfortable using our services all the time. You never need to provide data you don't want to; simply press “Skip” if you prefer not to answer any question.
Responsible: Anyone can flag inappropriate content at any time, and we take abuse of the system very seriously. Any data you do provide is stored anonymously & securely.
High-integrity: We also uphold the highest internal standards for customer protection and confidentiality, so that you can trust us.
In order to protect both you and us, these terms and conditions explain the relationship between you and us and the rights and obligations each of us may have to each other in relation to the services we provide.
Enlightly and Attest are services created by Attest Technologies Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, with company number 09445883, whose registered office address and main business address are at Attest Technologies Limited, c/o Attest, 51 Eastcheap, London, EC3M 1JP, United Kingdom (“Enlightly”, “Attest”, “we”, “us”, or “our”).
Attest is a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) in respect of the data it gathers from you and other users of the Attest Service.
We take the privacy of your personal information and “Personal Data” and “Sensitive Personal Data” (each as defined by the DPA) very seriously. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Please note the Attest Service is not intended for use by individuals of under 13 years of age.
Attest is registered under the 1998 Data Protection Act, registration number ZA120737.
Information Gathered from you
We gather the following information from Survey Makers:
- Account information. You need an account with us (a “Survey Maker Account”) before you can create Surveys on Attest. When you register for an account, we gather your email address (as your username) and password. With your permission, Attest will also gather various other Personal Data, Sensitive Personal Data and other information relating to your background that helps to open new Survey Opportunities to you, “Boost” your rewards, and which can help Survey Opportunities to be targeted to people like you. This information will be stored anonymously.
- Billing information. All payments made through the Attest Service are administered by Stripe, PayPal and other third party payment services selected by us. All such transactions will be governed by the privacy policies maintained by each third party. We do not have access to any debit or credit card numbers or information. However, we will gather the details of the transactions carried out through the Attest Services, such as value of payments and frequency of payments, but without viewing your billing information directly.
- Account settings. You can set various preferences and personal details on pages like your Survey Respondent or Survey Maker account settings page. For example, you can opt in or out of receiving marketing emails from Attest by updating the settings in your Survey Maker Account.
- Survey data. We store your Survey data (questions and responses) for you.
- Other data you intentionally share. We may gather your personal information or Personal Data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We gather the following information from Survey Respondents: We gather and store the Survey Responses (which will include any Personal Data that you have provided in such Survey Responses) that you submit via the Attest Service. The Survey Maker is responsible for this data and manages it. A Survey may ask you to provide Personal Data. The Attest service also allows Survey Makers to undertake Survey “Targeting” based on Survey Respondent profile information, such as “send Survey to males, in UK, 25-40”. If you have any questions about a Survey you are taking, or the use of Personal Data gathered through the Attest Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
We also gather the following types of data from Survey Respondents and Survey Makers:
- Usage data. We gather anonymous usage data whenever you interact with the Attest Service. This may include which webpages you visit, what you click on, how long you spend on the Attest Service, when you performed those actions, and so on. Our web servers also keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses. Note that we do not link this usage data to Survey Responses or any way that would identify individual users. Details of your visits to the Attest Service include, but are not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Device data. We will also gather anonymous data about the device and application you use to access the Attest service, such as your device model, IP address and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address. We gather this data to enhance creation of Surveys by Survey Makers (e.g., allowing Survey Makers to send Surveys to particular models of mobile devices ? for example: iPhone 6 users ? to understand those users in particular).
- Cookies. We use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to gather aggregated and anonymised data about visitors to the Attest Services. This data includes usage and user statistics.
Use of personal information
We use Personal Data gathered via the Attest Service:
- to provide you with the Attest Service;
- to ensure that content from the Attest Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Attest Service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to the Attest Service;
- to monitor, maintain, and improve the Attest Service and its features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we gather (including usage data, device data, question and response data and information from cookies) to analyse and measure user behaviour and trends, to understand how people use the Attest Service, and to monitor and improve the Attest Service, including to help us evaluate or devise new features. We may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep the Attest Service secure and operational, such as for testing purposes, and for service improvement, marketing, research and development purposes;
- to facilitate account creation and the log-in process;
- to contact you for marketing purposes (for example, opportunities to participate in future market research opportunities) but only if you have consented to our contacting you for this purpose. For example, during the account registration process we will ask for your permission to use your information to contact you for marketing purposes. If you do not want us to use your Personal Data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form or page on which we gather your data. You may opt out of these communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in them, or changing the relevant setting in your account;
- for re-marketing purposes (as explained in the 'Cookies' section below); and
- to contact you via email about service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to the Attest Service or policies, or other service or administrative- related matters. Please note that you cannot opt-out of such communications.
To whom do we disclose your information?
We may disclose:
- Your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us from a court of competition jurisdiction. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and may require us to transfer your Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
- Your information if there's a change in business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganisation (including a merger or consolidation) or any other action or transfer between Attest entities, you expressly consent to Attest transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing the Attest Service. If required, Attest will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
- Aggregated and non-identifiable information to third parties to improve or promote the Attest Service. No individuals can reasonably be identified or linked to any part of the information we share with third parties to improve or promote the Attest Service.
- Your email address to your organisation. If the email address under which you've registered your account belongs to or is controlled by an organisation, we may disclose that email address to that organisation in order to help it understand who associated with that organisation uses the Attest Service. (Please do not use a work email address for the Attest Service unless you are authorised to do so, and are therefore comfortable with this disclosure.)
If you are a Survey Respondent, we will anonymously disclose the content you provide in your Survey Responses to Survey Makers. We host Surveys and Survey Responses for Survey Makers, but Survey Makers determine how to use the content associated with your anonymous Survey Responses. Anything you choose to disclose in your Survey responses will be available to them. Again, you never need to provide data you don't want to; simply press “Skip” if you prefer not to answer any question.
We may gather information about your computer or other device, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the Attest Service and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Attest Service according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- to show you reminders, prompts, promotions and adverts for the Attest Service during your general internet usage (this is called 'remarketing'); and
- to recognise you when you return to the Attest Service.
If you would like more information about cookies, such as what cookies do and how you can disable them, the ICO has a helpful guide here.
Use of session files
We use session files, along with cookies, to log your browsing patterns and so identify the areas of the site which have been of interest to you, allowing us to personalise the Attest Service for you.
We also use information in aggregate form (in other words, no individual user is identified) to:
- to allow us to develop the business in ways that help you;
- to manage our relationship with advertisers;
- to audit usage of the Attest Service.
Your control over the use of your Personal Data
- update your registration and other account information on your account page;
- access and correct your personal information in your account by visiting your account page. This right is subject to some exceptions, such as where giving you access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- cancel or delete your account. To cancel and delete your account, please visit your profile page on the Attest Service. Deleting your account will cause all Personal Data in the account to be permanently deleted from your profile within a reasonable time period, as permitted by law, and will disable your access to the Attest Service. Survey Results will remain available to Attest, but only on an anonymous basis. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfil requests to fully delete Personal Data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
The Attest Service links to other web sites and we are not responsible for the content on those sites or their data policies and procedures.
Where we store your data
All information you provide to us is stored on our (or our third party) secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Attest Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Attest Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to information
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA.