What is a 'jobs to be done' survey?
It answers questions such as: what challenge does your product help consumers overcome? What are consumers’ top priorities when choosing a product to help them overcome this problem? How could your product help consumers overcome this challenge more efficiently? How would consumers describe your product in their own terms and key search engine terms commonly used to find your product. A good Jobs to be Done survey should:
- Stop you guessing how consumers actually use your product or service in their private lives
- Highlight areas for improvement in matching product features to use
- Rank the priorities of consumers looking for a product in your market
- Indicate the language your consumers use when discussing your brand
- Quantify how your product fairs in resolving the needs of consumers compared to competitors