The Attest Brand Index is a platform agnostic measure of a brand’s total brand equity in the snacks sector, as determined by real consumers.
What do we mean by ‘platform agnostic’? We mean the results are not influenced by any particular method of obtaining them, such as looking only at social media mentions, or brand search terms. This reduces bias and provides a much more accurate view of a brand’s strength in any given category.
To determine the Snacks Brand Index, we look at three things.
- Percentage of unprompted brand recall within a named category e.g. ‘Alcohol’ ‘Fashion’ or ‘Entertainment’
- How likely a person is to purchase your particular brand (purchase intent)
- How likely a person is to recommend your brand (net promoter score)
Our data is gathered every quarter from an online survey sent to a nationally representative panel of 1,000 UK consumers aged 18-65.
Top 10 Snacks Brand Leaders by Total Brand Equity
- KP Snacks
- Kit Kat =
- Graze =
101 different brands were named.
A brand had to have just 0.5% of unprompted brand recall to be in the Top 20 brands, and 1% to be in the Top 10.
In the Top 10 brands mapped in the Snacks Brand Index, the average brand strength score is 113. Cadbury had the strongest at 160, while Snickers had the weakest at 73.
Looking at the Top 10 brands again, the average Total Brand Equity score is 694, with Walkers leading the way with a score of 4710 thanks to its incredible unprompted brand recall. The median score is 190.
The overall Snacks industry Net Promoter Score is a strong 49%.
Here is how people described the snacks brands that came top of mind during unprompted brand recall:
The report includes:
- The UK's leading snack brands for awareness, purchase intent and Net Promoter Score
- Overall brand strength and Total Brand Equity index
- Industry averages and market dynamics
- Key takeaways for the UK snack industry
This report is based on a nationally representative survey of 1000 people in the UK (aged 18+), surveyed between 18th December 2017 - 20th December 2017.