The Attest Brand Index is a platform agnostic measure of a brand’s total brand equity in the Health & Wellness sector, as determined by real consumers.
Please note: This is not the most recent brand index. If you’re right where you want to be, read on. If you’re looking for the latest data, click here for our most recent brand indexes.
The Attest brand index is a platform agnostic measure of a brand’s total brand equity in the Health & Wellness sector, as determined by real consumers.
What do we mean by ‘platform agnostic’? We mean the results are not influenced by any particular method of obtaining them, such as looking only at social media mentions, or brand search terms. This reduces bias and provides a much more accurate view of a brand’s strength in any given category.
To determine the health & wellness brand index, we look at three things.
- Percentage of unprompted brand recall within a named category e.g. ‘technology’ ‘fashion’ or ‘entertainment’
- How likely a person is to purchase your particular brand (purchase intent)
- How likely a person is to recommend your brand (Net Promoter Score)
Our data is gathered every quarter from an online survey sent to a nationally representative panel of 1,000 UK consumers aged 18-65.
There is one newcomer to our top 10 brands in Q3: Seven Seas, taking the place of Adidas, who received less than 1% unprompted brand recall this quarter.
Only the top three brands remain stable in their position, with many brands moving up or down the lower end of the table.
In general, the top brands all experienced a dip in their key metrics, with Boots receiving a lower score for all of the metrics this quarter compared to last. NHS and Holland & Barrett each had only one metric on an upward trend.
The industry as a whole remains varied, though, with pharmacy chains, public sector services, gym franchises and health technology brands all populating the top 10.
Here is how people described the health & wellness brands that came top of mind during unprompted brand recall:
The 2018 health & wellness industry brands report
The full 2018 report includes:
- The UK’s leading health & wellness brands for awareness, purchase intent and Net Promoter Score from the start of the year, so you can compare where shifts have occurred over time
- Industry-wide averages and market dynamics
- Key takeaways for the UK heath & wellness industry