Please note: This is not the most recent Brand Index. If you’re right where you want to be, read on. If you’re looking for the latest data, click here for our most recent Brand Indexes.
The Attest Brand Index is a platform agnostic measure of a brand’s total brand equity in the Gaming & Gambling sector, as determined by real consumers.
What do we mean by ‘platform agnostic’? We mean the results are not influenced by any particular method of obtaining them, such as looking only at social media mentions, or brand search terms. This reduces bias and provides a much more accurate view of a brand’s strength in any given category.
To determine the Gaming & Gambling Brand Index, we look at three things.
- Percentage of unprompted brand recall within a named category e.g. ‘Technology’ ‘Fashion’ or ‘Entertainment’
- How likely a person is to purchase your particular brand (purchase intent)
- How likely a person is to recommend your brand (net promoter score)
Our data is gathered every quarter from an online survey sent to a nationally representative panel of 1,000 UK consumers aged 18-65.
There are three newcomers to our top 10 brands in Q3: Paddypower, Betfred and Ladbrokes. These brands exemplify the general public dislike of the industry, with each scoring high on memorability (Unprompted Brand Recall for each is over 5.8%), yet aren’t memorable for the right reasons (with Paddypower receiving the highest NPS, -19). These brands take the place of Tombola, Mecca Bingo and 888 Casino.
The only brand to retain its position was Sky Bet, in top spot. The rest of the table has shifted significantly.
Most metrics took a negative turn this quarter, with even Sky Bet in top place seeing a drop in all four key metrics.
Here is how people described the gaming & gambling brands that came top of mind during unprompted brand recall:
The 2018 Gaming & Gambling Industry Brands Report
The full 2018 report includes:
- The UK’s leading Gaming & Gambling brands for Awareness, Purchase Intent and Net Promoter Score from the start of the year, so you can compare where shifts have occurred over time
- Industry-wide averages and market dynamics
- Key takeaways for the UK Gaming & Gambling industry